How it works:
The system uses an on board electronic control unit, with a reference anode and an active anode - both fitted below the waterline. The reference anode senses the electrical potential of the surrounding water and sends a signal to the control unit, which in turn sends an appropriate current to the active anode. Different combinations of water temperature, chemical composition and exposed surface require different levels of current. The active anode then emits varying levels of ions into the water surrounding the drive, and these ions effectively prevent galvanic corrosion, ultimately protecting the drive.
The QL Active Corrosion Protection System is designed for 12V electrical systems and has absolutely no moving parts, so minimum maintenance is required.
- Helps to prevent galvanic corrosion.
- Works with your aluminum or zinc anodes to protect your sterndrive or outboard.
- Fits all sterndrives and outboards in saltwater applications.
- Electronic control unit inside the boat has LEDs which let you know the drive is being protected.
- Provides constant monitoring of the drive or outboard while in saltwater.
- Low amp draw (3 mA) while in the monitoring mode.
- Easy to install, no special tools required.
- CE approved.
- Not designed for use in freshwater or with magnesium anodes.
- No moving parts.
Active Corrosion Protection Kit for IPS
For IPS Pod Systems
Wire Harness, Auxiliary Bus Y Split
Wire Harness for Auxiliary Bus Y Split
Cable Kit, 5 meter
Cable kit, 6 Pole - 5.0M
Cable Kit, 7 meter
Cable kit, 6 Pole - 7.0m
Bonding Cable Kit, IPS
Bonding cable kit for ACP/IPS
Anode Isolation Kit
Anode Isolation kit for aluminum hulls
Extension Harness, 7 meter
Extension cable, 7.0M ACP to HCU
Extension Harness, 9 meter
Extension cable, 9.0M ACP to HCU
Extension Harness, 13 meter
Extension cable, 13.0M ACP to HCU
Drive Mounted Kit
SX-A/DPS-B drive mounted kit